Jacobs Sustainability Strategy
Jacobs Sustainability Consulting Services
Jacobs Sustainability Reports
- 2016 (PDF, 9.8 MB)
- 2015 (PDF, 10.4 MB)
- 2014 (PDF, 21.1 MB)
- 2013 (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- 2012 (PDF, 7.0 MB)
- 2011 (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- 2010 (PDF, 5.9 MB)
- 2009 (PDF, 3.3 MB)
CH2M Sustainability Reports
Through our PlanBeyond program, we are inspired to make a positive environmental, societal and economic difference for businesses, governments and communities around the world — from the way we operate our business, to the work we perform with clients and other organizations.
We advance innovations that improve energy ef?ciency, resilience, conservation, reuse and reclamation of vital air, land and water resources. In FY2018, we reduced carbon emissions by more than 37 million tons in Value+ Savings on client projects, equivalent to a full year’s energy use by 4 million homes. In addition, the former CH2M business exceeded its 5-year commitment to reduce operational greenhouse gas emissions by 25%, ultimately achieving a 29% reduction since 2012.
A sustainable future
Our greatest opportunity in creating a sustainable future is influencing the project work we are involved in, partnering with our clients as well as other leading organizations to ensure the work that we do is fit for the future and overall makes a positive environmental, societal and economic impact. To guide us in that ambition, we align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which set out 17 goals that are regarded as the common global strategic framework for sustainability for business, Government and society alike.
Commitment to sustainability
Our Global Sustainability Commitment Statement sets out our intent to integrate sustainability throughout our business by making it part of our culture. Our commitments are to:
- Positively contribute to our global PlanBeyond goals that were developed in consultation with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Foster a culture of sustainability that promotes economic prosperity, environmental benefit and social value.
- Continue a dialogue with all our stakeholders to raise awareness of sustainability and provide feedback on how we can do better.
- Research and develop innovative methods and applications for enhanced sustainability performance.
- Enable knowledge sharing and capacity-building around sustainability across our enterprise and all our projects.
- Be accountable for delivering our strategy through the sustainability governance structure that reports up to our Board.
tons of carbon eliminated
(FY2018 Value+ Savings on client projects)
tons of material recycled on client projects in FY2018
PlanBeyond is our approach to sustainability. It’s about planning beyond today for a sustainable future for everyone. For us, this means social and economic progress while protecting our environment and improving resilience. It is also about being the employer of choice for our people and being the go-to solutions provider for a more connected, sustainable world.
Sustainable solutions for clients
Our clients want to find the best innovative sustainable solutions for their projects around the world. We help them do just that. Jacobs is dedicated to the advancement of safe and sustainable services for our clients and within our own company.
- With infrastructure clients for whom we provide operations and facilities management services, we saved 5,074,759 kWh of electricity and 23 billion gallons of wastewater.
- For a large-scale air terminal client, we delivered improvements that generated more than $700,000 in savings, while eliminating 15,863 tons of CO2 emissions.
- We piloted a mobile app to reduce paper consumption and boost productivity, sparking broader implementation converting 35,830 forms from paper to electronic documents.
- We launched an effort to reduce single-use plastic consumption that eliminated 400,000 disposable plastic gloves from the waste stream across multiple client sites.
- With our quarterly CFO Sustainability Award program, we recognize and reward individuals and teams that contribute to a sustainable future through innovative thinking and smart actions. Each winner is asked to nominate a registered charity of their choice to be the recipient of a $1,000 donation. So far Jacobs has donated to deserving charities like Cancer Research, Red Nose, The Ocean Cleanup, Alzheimer Society and more all over the world through this internal awards program.
Annual sustainability disclosures and reporting
Jacobs discloses sustainability information and data annually to CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) and the Dow Jones Corporate Sustainability Assessment. We also incorporate sustainability progress and information in the Jacobs Annual Report.